- (3/-1) She described her 1856 book Aurora Leigh as â€œa novel in verse.â€
- (6/-2) She may have â€œburned her candle at both endsâ€ while writing â€œThe Ballad of the Harp Weaverâ€ in 1923.
- (9/-3) This Chicagoan who wrote â€œAnnie Allenâ€ won a Pulitzer Prize for Poetry in 1950, the first African-American woman so honored.
- (12/-4) A portrait of this winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature appears on Chile\'s 5,000 peso bank note.
- (15/-5) Born in Senegal, this Revolutionary War-era poet was named for the slave ship that brought her to Boston.
View the BBCode version