Failed Sports Predictions
- (2/-1) Predicted at age 13 to be the next great American superstar of this sport â€“ and by no less than Pele himself â€“ Freddie Adu has not played for the senior national team since 2011.
- (4/-2) Rivals.com ranked him the 14th-best dual-threat quarterback in the country coming out of high school in 2010, only to see him win the Heisman Trophy as a redshirt freshman two years later.
- (6/-3) In 1919, Tris Speaker called the Red Sox plan to put this pitcher in right field â€œone of the dumbest things I've ever heard.â€
- (8/-4) NFL scouts projected this three-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback drafted number 199 overall in 2000 as â€œnothing more than a backup.â€
- (10/-5) Despite predicting that Darko Milicic would be better than Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosch, or Dwayne Wade, this team still managed to win the 2004 NBA title.
View the BBCode version