Childhood Ailments & Maladies
Some of these are still a problem, some not so much.
- (3/-1) Until a vaccine became widely available in 1995, initial infection with the varicella zoster virus caused this itchy skin rash.
- (6/-2) The most common symptom of this viral disease is painful swelling of the salivary glands.
- (9/-3) In Helen Keller, this illness named for a colorful rash spread to her brain, causing meningitis and ultimately blindness and deafness.
- (12/-4) Also called whooping cough, this bacterial infection can lead to pneumonia or encephalopathy.
- (15/-5) This disease, whose common name comes from the Greek word for â€œgray,â€ is a viral infection that causes swelling in the spinal cord.
View the BBCode version