Uneasy Lies the Head
(And on a couple of them I'll need more than just a first name. You'll see when you get there.)
- (3/-1) The 1827 Delacroix painting The Execution of Marino Faliero shows the beheading of a doge of this city in the aftermath of a coup.
- (6/-2) He was guillotined in 1793 after being captured when a farmer recognized his face from the currency.
- (9/-3) This widow of a king of France who abdicated her own throne was ultimately executed for plotting to murder her cousin.
- (12/-4) Born Metacomet, his head was mounted in a pike at Fort Plymouth in the aftermath of his â€œwar,â€ a native uprising against white settlement in New England.
- (15/-5) This first ruler in the Year of the Four Emperors showed his neck to his assassins and said â€œStrike if it be for the good of the Romans.â€
View the BBCode version