Died on the Fourth of July
- (3/-1) 1934 -- This first female professor at the Sorbonne who won Nobel Prizes in two different sciences.
- (6/-2) 1891 -- This Vice President who, in the summer of 1864, served as an enlisted man in the Maine Coast Guard.
- (9/-3) 1995 -- This soft-spoken artist who made new episodes of PBS\'s â€œThe Joy of Paintingâ€ from 1983 until 1994.
- (12/-4) 1848 -- This French ambassador and romantic author who gave his name to a thick tenderloin fillet served with a bearnaise sauce.
- (15/-5) 1546 -- This â€œred beardedâ€ Ottoman admiral who had the same nickname as a crusading Holy Roman Emperor.
View the BBCode version