â€œAâ€ in Economics
- (3/-1) In the Vickery, or â€œsealed-bid second-priceâ€ type of this, the winning bidder pays the amount of the second-highest bid.
- (6/-2) Benjamin Harrison signed the first of this type of law opposing monopolies in 1890.
- (9/-3) When the value or quality of a product is increasingly recognized, this increase in price typically follows closely.
- (12/-4) From a Latin word meaning â€œto deaden,â€ this process pro rates an expense or liquidates a debt over the useful life of the good being paid for.
- (15/-5) This technique can be used to exploit price discrepancies on different markets by buying in one place for immediate resale somewhere else.
View the BBCode version